The Youth of Unity (Y.O.U.) is an international
organization for youth ages 14-18 (grades 9-12). The purpose of Y.O.U. is to
facilitate a safe, fun, and loving environment for youth to explore and
discuss their spirituality. Y.O.U. provides youth the opportunity to explore
Unity's principles and other Truth teachings and to demonstrate these in
their Unity centers, local community, and daily lives.
- A Y.O.U. Chapter typically meets on a weekly basis, usually Sunday morning.
- Youth discuss and learn a variety of spiritual teachings, attend social gatherings, and become involved in their church and community.
- Officers, or a leadership team, are often elected to help plan for the local chapter.
- Each state belongs to one of the seven ministerial regions as defined by the Association of Unity Churches International.
- Each region hosts many events, or rallies, for its Y.O.U. chapters.
- Rallies encourage fellowship as well as the sharing of ideas and experiences in the framework of Unity principles.
- Regional representatives are elected yearly in each region to plan the Y.O.U. experiences on a regional level. These events include rallies, leadership events, lock-ins, sub-regional activities, fund-raisers, and service projects.
- Read our blog.
Useful Links: International Youth of Unity