Reports to: Revs. Brian and Kristen Grandon
Weekly Hours: 32-36, Tue – Fri 9-5, Mon 4 hours as needed
Estimated Start Date: October 18, 2019
Unity Church of the Hills is seeking an experienced and dedicated full time Office Manager. This position needs an individual who: truly enjoys helping others and being of service; handles bursts of multiple, urgent demands with grace and calmness; uses less-busy periods to assess needs and plan ahead; is organized and detail-oriented; has creative ideas and approaches to seeming obstacles; enjoys learning new things, including software and processes; has the gift to bring order out of chaos; and loves being in an open, loving, collaborative and results-oriented environment that will nourish you spiritually.
- Bring an understanding of Unity’s five principles to interactions with others – is committed to Unity Church of the Hills, the Unity movement and its teachings
- Good organizational and prioritizing skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to delegate effectively, manage and train office volunteers
- Experience in office management, procurement, CRM, or IT desired
Manage and provide administration and operation support to staff:
- Proactively support staff and church needs, and work with the Volunteer Coordinator to provide additional volunteer help as needed.
- Support church customer relationship management needs – become familiar with church IT systems, take an active part in helping maintain accurate member data, and assist with other system needs.
- Serve as administration team point person and coordinate the team needs including personal celebrations, recognition and staff appreciation.
- Recognize the team’s interpersonal needs and provide support and encouragement for a smooth, cohesive flow among the team.
- Identify areas where there is lack of clarity or shared knowledge on procedures and processes that encompass the front office and create documentation for these areas.
- Ensure that various front office functions, and volunteer tasks, have up-to-date documentation.
- Help with mailing preparation and oversee timely mail-outs.
- Provide backup for bookstore sales and close out when Bookstore Manager is unavailable.
- Schedule weeknight evening coordinators and ensure that the evening coordinators are familiar with the responsibilities of their role.
- Schedule weekend coordinators and ensure that the weekend coordinators are familiar with the responsibilities of their role.
- Ensure CDs are labeled and ready for Sunday Service.
- Support printing of collateral for Welcome Packets, Welcome Center, pews, and other requests as needed.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Manage and provide front desk presence and shared spaces order:
- Ensure that someone (whether volunteer or staff) is present to greet, screen, and direct visitors, and answer or refer inquiries, with a positive and helpful spirit, in person, by phone, voicemail, and email.
- Handle benevolence requests as needed and direct them to Director of the Prayer and Care Ministry or Ministers as appropriate.
- Oversee all shared spaces (excluding kitchen and backstage) overall order, consistent storage and professional presentation.
- Maintain quilt inventory.
- Distribute daily mail.
- Sign for/accept deliveries and distribute as needed.
Manage supply procurement:
- Oversee and/or provide necessary purchasing support to ensure organization is well stocked in administrative, hospitality and cleaning supplies, and maintain supplies so that staff can readily find items.
- Proactively check upcoming events and touch base with responsible staff on potential needs.
Manage copier needs and supplies:
- Troubleshoot copier issues and needs. Contact and follow through on service and training requests with the church’s copier provider.
- Ensure that copier supplies are ordered timely and on hand.
- Maintain documentation on copier usage and issues.
- Support staff, volunteers and teachers with church copying needs.
Please send resume to Brian.Grandon@unityhills.org