Dear Unity family,
As a Spiritual Community, we feel that it is our civic duty to model good citizenship and care for our community. Today, the City of Austin declared that we have moved to stage 5 because of the number of Covid-related hospitalizations. In addition, Mayor Adler and other civic leaders have made specific requests of faith communities to prayerfully consider virtual-only Services. We want to do our part to help support public health and minimize the spread of COVID in our local community.
Therefore, at this time we are returning to solely 100% virtual for the foreseeable future. This means that all services will be virtual-only and there will be no small group gatherings/meetings on the campus. You and your immediate family members are always welcome to come and walk the campus grounds.
Our Holiday Services were already designed with our at-home congregation in mind. We will continue to show up to uplift and support you, both during this Christmas Season, and into 2021. Our hearts are with you in love.
Here’s an overview of affected services and ministries:
- Christmas Eve Services: Both 5pm and 7pm Services will be virtual only.
- Burning Bowl Service: Virtual only; no drive-through fire pit. We may reschedule this when it is safe to do so.
- Sunday Services: Virtual only for the foreseeable future.
- Events Ministry: No small group gatherings/meetings on the campus. If your group has been meeting on campus, we can support you in moving back to Zoom if you would like.
- Office: The front office was already scheduled to be closed between Christmas and New Years day. The office will be open on January 5th for emails and phone calls to connect you with our ministries.
- Bookstore: Shop virtually through https://bookshop.org/shop/UCOH or contact Melissa Larson who can help make recommendations and support you with curbside delivery.
This year has brought many opportunities to practice flexibility, fluidity and mindfulness. We make our decisions grounded in a consciousness of care and support.
We love you.
Unity Church of the Hills